TIPS FROM A TRUE WATCH KEEPER
To avoid battery leakage and damage to your timepiece, it is advisable to change battery on a yearly basis & conduct case/bracelet cleaning & water resistant test within the same time frame as well.
- To avoid acidic discharge seeping into your timepiece.
- To avoid water or moisture infiltration causing damage to your timepiece.
- To ensure water resistant function is permanent as the seal, gasket, crown and/or crystal need periodic upkeep to maintain such feature.
General overhaul is advisable to be performed every 3 years and generic maintenance to be performed yearly.
- Mechanical watch needs to be lubricated constantly to ensure correct and efficient operation and hence accuracy of your timepiece.
- Yearly water resistant test to detect potential leakage early as it may cause considerable damage especially to rare timepiece.
- Discharge any potential magnetic effect to your timepiece to avoid interference that may affect its accuracy.
- A proper and disciplined maintenance schedule is the best way to preserve the timepiece for your next generation.
If you wear your timepiece frequently and still want to make it look good like new and durable, it is important to send it for regular cleaning at least once a year to get rid of dirt and perspiration.