Terms & Conditions
Company here denotes "TIMEPIECE SERVICE CENTRE"
- Most watches are water-resistant, but no watch is completely water or moisture proof as the nature and extent of use of the timepiece(s) varies. To ensure the owner’s timepiece(s) remains water resistant, the company highly recommend a thorough inspection and maintenance of the case seals and gaskets every 12 months. The company do however provide advice on inspection and check on any component of the owner’s timepiece(s) which may be contribute to such water or moisture seepage.
- The company shall make preliminary assessment and observation on the existing flaws, damage or defects to the owner’s timepiece(s) prior to any quote of repair being done and the company disclaim responsibility to such flaws, damage, or defects.
- Service/repair time of the timepiece(s) will vary depending upon the specific request and extent of repair required as well as the estimated time required to procure the necessary replacement parts or components for the repair work. The company will however advise you of the anticipated time period required to complete the required repair work once we have made the preliminary assessment on the condition of your timepiece(s).
- The company reserves the absolute discretion and right to charge a minimum handling fee of RM60.00 for your timepiece and such amount shall be payable in advance. Such handling fee shall be imposed in the event the owner cancels, no suitable spare parts for replacement is found, do not intend to continue or the owner does not approve of the recommended repair to the timepiece(s).
- All serviced/repaired time pieces shall be collected within 30 days from the date of sending by sms/phone/writing notification to customers. In the event the owner fails to do so for whatsoever reason, the company reserves the full rights to dispose the timepiece(s) or entitled to take such action as it may deem necessary to secure payment for the cost of repair and the owner shall have no claim against the company, its agents or employees. The owner shall have no claim against the company in respect of the timepiece(s), in particular any alleged value appreciation of the said timepiece(s).
- The company implements strictly a “Collect After Full Payment” policy. Hence the company reserves the right not to hand over the owner’s timepiece unless all outstanding payments are settled.
- Handling fee is not refundable for any cancellation of work order. For all single service quotation above RM10,000, the company reserves the right to collect a minimum of 30% payment upfront before work commences.
- In order to preserve the owner’s interest, the original service bill must be presented to the company during collection. If the owner has agreed to let third party collect the timepiece(s) on behalf, then the company reserves the right to verify the owner’s particulars and such collection must be accompanied by a letter of authorisation from the owner. The company will also record down the particulars of the third party e.g. IC/Passport and contact details during collection for future references.
- The company will refuse delivery of the timepiece(s) to the holder of any photocopied service bill.
- In the event of missing or lost service bill(s), the company will make copies of the Identity Card/Passport of the collector as record before handing over the timepiece(s).
- Notwithstanding the above, the owner of the timepiece(s) will absolve the company of any loss, liability or claim arising from and/or incidental to the timepiece(s).
- Quotation given for repair is valid for 14 days only and the company reserves full rights to vary the quotation without notice.
- If the timepiece(s) is(are) lost or damaged solely due to the negligence of the employee of the company, the company undertakes to replace it with a similar item or one of a similar in value, in the event that a replacement is not possible or practicable, monetary compensation for the timepiece(s) will be given based solely on the company's valuation and assessment, which shall be final.
- Accidental damage, misuse, negligence caused to the timepiece(s) including consequential damage to the timepiece(s) are not covered by the company’s After Service Warranty.
- Old or unused parts of the timepiece(s), which are replaced, are not returnable.
- If the original parts are not available, the company reserves the full right to use the appropriate substitute parts.
- For any reasons whatsoever, should the timepiece(s) require more time for repair, the company shall discuss with the owner to seek their consent for such time extension and the owner shall further undertake not to hold the company liable for any additional expenses that may be incurred.
- A watch crystal and its component as well as its material may be scratch resistant, however no crystals & casing are completely scratch-proof. We reserve the right to disclaim responsibility for any damage caused to the timepiece(s), unless such damage is caused solely and wholly due to the negligence of our employees.
- The customer needs to collect the timepiece(s) within 30 days from the date of notification by sms/phone/writing from the company. A daily storage fee ranging from RM10 to RM50 will be imposed by the company after this 30-days period.
- Courier charge and insurance charge for all the serviced/repaired timepieces(s) shall be payable in advance by owner’s.
- The company is not liable for failure to perform it's obligations if such failure is as a result of Acts of God (including fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (regardless of whether war is declared), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military, usurped power, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, embargo, labor dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service.
- These term and conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia and any dispute arising out or in connection with these terms and conditions, their interpretation or application will be submitted to the courts of Malaysia.